Wednesday, June 06, 2012

It's Time!

Well, the moment has finally come. I leave tomorrow to begin my adventure in the Peace Corps.

 It's so surreal that this date has actually arrived. June 6th seemed so far away for so long, and yet somehow it's in just a few short hours. But I must say, as sad as I am to leave my family and friends behind, I can not wait for this journey. I am eager to step outside (way outside) my comfort zone and experience new things, and to push myself as I attempt to impact the lives of others, even if just in some small way. I have quite the journey ahead of me, filled with trials no doubt, but I am so excited to begin it.

I've deactivated my Facebook, so if you want to reach me, leave a comment here or email me at christypeacecorps@gmail.com.  Also, my mailing address during training is in the previous post.

Thank you for all the well-wishes and support! Keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. Next time you hear from me I'll be somewhere in the Pacific!

With love,

Christy

2 comments:

  1. Bon voyage, Christy! I am so excited for/proud of you! I can't wait to hear stories!

    -Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to look for you on Facebook and died a little inside when I realized you were gone. I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!!! You are wonderful:D

    ReplyDelete