Saturday, December 08, 2012

School Pictures


Okay. Let me go ahead and appologize for the super late photos. I hate taking photos because it makes me feel like a tourist. If you were with me in Honduras with me in high school then you know that I didn't take any photos there either. Sorry. Here's what I've managed so far:


This is my path I walk to school every day. Note the electricity cable running through the jungle. This is a good picture of the strange blending of the Western world with this simple jungle community.


Two of the three buildings at my school.














The third building at my school, home to 6th-8th grade. This is where I spend most of my time.



Some of the first-graders being, well, first-graders. The second boy from the right in the collared shirt is my nephew, Syris.


Some of the older boys playing basketball durng recess. We somehow magically have this really nice basketball court tucked behind the school.



Some fifth grade girls during recess.

My seventh grade class and my coteacher, Hickperson. This is the class that most of my blood, sweat and tears go into. There are 35 students (several are missing from this picture), and they are both wonderful and exhausting.

I hope you enjoyed this small look into my life. Hopefully there will be mroe to come after the holidat season!

Hope all is well back home!

--Christy

3 comments: